Sunday, 30 June 2013

Cover Characteristics: Black and White




This is a new meme hosted by Sugar & Snark. Each week they will post a characteristic and we'll choose 5 of our favorite cover’s with that characteristic. 




Today’s characteristic is…
Black & White.

Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie, #1)A Unique Rabbit (A Laurents County Easter story)A Clockwork Orange  Channel Zero: The Complete Collection

5. Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia
4. A Unique Rabbit by Red Tash
3. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
2. Channel Zero by Brian Wood
and my favourite
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children
I think its pretty clear why I like most of these, keeping things monochrome often provides a neater and more appealing look, okay I pushed it slightly with Channel Zero (the use of red) and Poughkeepsie (the yellow font) but needless to say they work well.

3 comments:

  1. Besides from Miss Peregrine's..(which I love), I really like the covers for Channel Zero and A Unique Rabbit. :) Thanks for stopping by my post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is the first time I've seen that Red Tash book. Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children has such a creepy cover, but I love it!
    Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.