Thursday 30 August 2012

Review: The Paladin Prophecy

The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost 

Published: 25th September 2012
Publisher: Random House books for young readers 
Page Count: 560
Synopsis: Will West is careful to live life under the radar. At his parents’ insistence, he’s made sure to get mediocre grades and to stay in the middle of the pack on his cross-country team. Then Will slips up, accidentally scoring off the charts on a nationwide exam.
Now Will is being courted by an exclusive prep school . . . and is being followed by men driving black sedans. When Will suddenly loses his parents, he must flee to the school. There he begins to explore all that he’s capable of—physical and mental feats that should be impossible—and learns that his abilities are connected to a struggle between titanic forces that has lasted for millennia.
 




Review: I absolutely loved this book, I requested it for review from NetGalley and I'm so glad I did. The book has a wonderfully well written plot, and its paced very well so your always jumping from one situation to the next without the usual pile of annoying filler. One of my favorite things about the book is the fact you know as much as the main character does, you learn things as Will does which I think always makes a book more fun to read.
I didn't think I was going to like Will, I usually don't like the overly intelligent characters unless they're extremely well written like Sherlock Holmes, but I enjoyed reading Will. Although he was clever I didn't get that cocky "I'm better than everyone" feeling from him. The other characters are a bit underdeveloped because I think the main point of this book is plot development, but I could find bits in every character that I really enjoyed and a books always a better read when you enjoy the characters.
Recently i haven't been able to get into most of the books I've been reading, I was honestly gutted every time I had to put this down, and that's a serious complement because if I'm not interested in reading further after the first chapter then I find it hard to pick up that book again. 
Recommend: Hell yes I absolutely loved this.

Amazon: US | UK
Mark Frost: Website | GR | Twitter


1 comment:

  1. I saw this in NG too but didn't pay it too much attention because I'm really not into Sci-fi. Thanks for reviewing this Nia, at least my curiosity has been sated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.