Wednesday 17 July 2013

Progress Review: Part 2

Before I get down to the nitty gritty of this post, I would like to point out that I am currently sunning myself elsewhere in the world – and by sunning I mean cowering away in the shade with my nose in a book – so I will reply when I’m back and I hope you are all having a nice summer.
So in part one of this two part post I reflected on how I think I've progress on my personal book blogging resolutions, and over all I've not done too shabby. In this post I want to see my progress on the book challenges I signed up too - if you've seen my June Wrap Up post it'll be pretty similar but I'm going to talk about books that I intend to read to complete the challenges I haven't.

1. Women's Author Challenge status: Completed
Books Read: 17 / 10
Books Reviewed: 6 / 17
I haven't just completed my goal of "Level 2: Girls Power - read 6 to 10 books written by a female author" but I've also completed challenge, as the last level is "Level 4: Wonder Woman - read 16+ books written by a female author" so I no longer need to make this a priority of mine!

2. Indie-Fever Reading Challenge status: Completed
Books Read: 19 / 16
Books Reviewed: 12 / 19
Yet another challenge completed, or half way completed. As part of this challenge is to help promote indie authors more, reviewing the books read is also part of this challenge, as you can see I'm not too far behind on these and I'm purposefully holding two back due to a lack of cover *sigh*. The final level for this challenge is "Fanatic - choose to read & review 28+ indie books" ..I wonder if I'll hit that? I'm currently sat in the Lover/Expert areas depending on which of the numbers you want to go by ;)

3. TBR Reading Challenge status: Ongoing
Books Read: 10 / 20
Books Reviewed: 2 / 10
*flails* oh okay I didn't realise how little I'd done towards this challenge, I didn't realise how I kept choosing eBooks to read that I'd only picked up this year. I'm sure I'll be fine before the years over and this isn't a worry to me, I mean half way through the year and half way through the challenge.
Books I hope to read for this challenge: 
A Clash of Kings by George R R Martin
World War Z by Max Brooks
Later With Myself by Sheryl Sorrentino
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
The Fault in our Stars by John Green

4. Dystopia Reading Challenge status: Ongoing
Books Read: 3 / 6
Books Reviewed: 1 / 3
I purposefully chose a low amount for this challenge because no matter how much I love dystopia books I'm pretty sure I don't own many and being on a book buying ban doesn't help. I'm currently reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth so that'll count and I intend to read World War Z too, as for my sixth I'm unsure but hopefully I'll find something?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.