Sunday 10 August 2014

Mini Review: Hot Ticket by Olivia Cunning


Hot Ticket by Olivia Cunning

Published: 5th February 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablance
Genre: Romance / 18+
Series: Sinners on Tour #3
Page Count: 365
Format: eBook
Source: Bought

Synopsis: 
Book #3 in reading order of events in book series, per author

There are things in bassist Jace Seymour’s past that he is unwilling to share with anyone. To cover his guilt and anguish, he seeks dominatrix Mistress V (Aggie) to temporarily placate his inner turmoil.

Aggie doesn’t have much use for men–besides the power rush she gets when they’re begging for mercy at her feet–but Jace isn’t like her usual clients. His cool defiance and unexpected dominance in the bedroom drives her to distraction and quickly steals her heart.

When circumstances threaten Jace’s position in Sinners, Aggie must help him regain his rightful place in the band while showing him that time and love can heal all wounds.

Goodreads

Purchase: Amazon* / TBD* / B&N / Kobo

Olivia Cunning: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads

*When purchasing through these links, I will receive a small amount, I will put any money earned towards hosting a giveaway.

Click here for review of Sinners on Tour Book 1 and 2.

Review:
3.5 / 5 Stars
Hot Ticket is from Jace's point of view, and probably my favourite of the series read so far and this falls down to one thing, and this one thing bumped it up to a 3.5 stars.

The thing in question is the character development of Jace, if you loved his character before hand I can only think that after reading this you will love him more.

The depth that exists in Jace's emotions in immense, the guilt and anguish he feels is real and he barely knows how to handle it.

That is until Aggie comes along, she is amazing. Even outside of her dominatrix career she is able to handle Jace so well and it just made me gush an awful lot watching her work through his past with him which allowed him to gain control over the parts of his life that were out of his control.

Aside from this I did have some things about the book I disliked, that being the trend of this book when comparing it to the previous ones.

The Sinners on Tour stories follow a trend: he meets her > they're not good for each other > they need each other > they finally have each other > INJURY!! > happily ever after.

So after reading a third book with a similar path its a bit samey, however I do intend to finish the series because I'm invested now.

2 comments:

  1. I have all books in the series, will get to them sometime in the future but if there's a formula, it might get old too fast for me. Also I know that there's a huge amount of sexin in the books, that might turn me off too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is a huge amount of sexing which isn't really my thing but I'm a little attached to the characters now so I guess I'll finish it at some point. I hope the next ones dont follow the same pattern.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.