Friday 2 August 2013

Books, Brains n Blood Read-a-thon Goals & Updates

Books, Brains 'n Blood Read-a-Thon
The Books, Brains 'n Blood Read-a-thon is hosted by April and Pabkins at My Shelf Confessions, its a 5 day read-a-thon from 2nd - 6th August. Below are my goals and each day I will update this post to show my progress, normally I'd post individually for each day but I don't want to clutter everyone up for once and this should make everything easier to see. If I take part in any challenges I may post those separately, haven't decided yet!
Goals:
* Read and/or finish off at least 4 books
* Visit as many blogs possible each day
* Attend one of the twitter parties - #VampvsZomb
* Participate in at least 2 challenges

Updates:
Friday
Endure by Laura Diamond
Percentage Read: 20%

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Pages Read: 122

By Blood by Tracy E Banghart
Percentage Read: 6%
-
Overall Books Completed: 2
Overall Pages Read: 122 & 26%
-
Thoughts: 
I'm proud of my first day, it feels like I've been successful because I listened to myself and finished off what I needed too before moving on! I also visit my Dads on Fridays which takes up a lot of my time, we finished watching the latest season of Warehouse 13, started Orphan Black and S5 of Breakin Bad and watched two episodes of Revolution. I didn't do any blog hopping as I don't take my laptop there but it's been a great day! :)

Saturday
By Blood by Tracy E Banghart
Percentage Read: 20%
-
Overall Books Completed: 2
Overall Pages Read: 122 & 46%
-
Thoughts:
Much slower second day but hey I kind off expected the when I didn't get up until *whispers* 1 in the afternoon. I joined in the twitter chat until the need to read (or you know being threatened with baby zombies happened) kicked in but also big thanks to Frodo (or Eric) for gifting me a copy of Touched! Hopefully I can start reading that tomorrow :)

Sunday
By Blood by Tracy E Banghart
Percentage Read: 35%

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Pages Read: 55
-
Overall Books Completed: 2
Overall Pages Read: 177 & 81%
-
Thoughts:
I'm absolutely adoring By Blood, I was hoping to start another book too but this one has held my attention really well! As you can see I'm also doing a re-read of Mockingjay which is because I'm reading it aloud to my best friend, only read two chapters and felt like I was going to loose my voice!

Monday
By Blood by Tracy E Banghart
Percentage Read: 22%

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Pages Read: 28
-
Overall Books Completed: 2
Overall Pages Read: 205 & 103%
-
Thoughts:
My days are rolling into one, I could have sworn today was Sunday and it wasn't until I looked here to update this I realised it wasn't. I'm confused. Any how, reading out loud is really time consuming, it really sticks out to me just how quick I read usually.

Tuesday
By Blood by Tracy E Banghart
Percentage Read: 17%

Catalyst by Jennifer Snyder
Percentage Read: 10%
-
Overall Books Completed: 3
Overall Pages Read: 205 & 130%
-
Thoughts:
Wow this came to an end so quickly! I have no idea where the time went. I rewatched Serenity today instead of reading but it was worth it haha. I'll be stopping by everyone's posts tomorrow, hope you all did well! I didn't hit my goal of 4 books but that doesn't matter, I had fun and really enjoyed all the books I've been reading.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet, I am participating too, I need to get some serious reading done this weekend. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm participating too. I hope you enjoy all the books you decide to read. Enter the challenge I'm hosting on my blog as well! It's really fun.
    Cover Lover Challenge
    Laura @ Music Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay on Season 5 of Breaking Bad! I love that show! I just started watching it a few months ago on Netflix! I was so addicted I actually bought the episodes on Amazon Instant Watch that weren't available on Netflix streaming. I can't wait to see the ending Season (even though I'll be uber sad it's over!) on tv once it starts this month!

    I'm stoked you love Gone Girl as much as I did! You're well on the way to the reading quite a bit of your goals! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.