Friday 27 December 2013

2014 Reading Challenges

2014 is getting even closer and I finally decided on which reading challenges I'd like to take part in next year. I decided not to get invested in too many and only select out of the ones that I participated in this year or I know I'll end up all over the place and forgetting about them.
I really wish I could sign up for more, if not all the amazing challenges I've seen but I'm pretty sure next year with University will be even busier and I'll no doubt get distracted here and there. 

Women Author Challenge



Valentina of Peak-a-book
is hosting The Women Author Challenge for the second year running, and as I did so well this year I just have too take part again. The aim is to make us read more books by female authors, whilst introducing other readers to new female authors too.


Currently my three favourite female authors are:
J Meyers, Kelly Oram and Christina Channelle.

Even though I completed the challenge this year, I'm going to play it safe and enter at Level 3: Super Girl - read 16 to 20 books written by a woman author.

Want to sign up and know more? Click here.


Challenge Progress:
1. 

Total: 0 / 20
Indie Fever Challenge



Debdatta of b00kr3vi3ws
 is hosting the Indie Fever Challenge for what I believe is also the second year running, correct me if I'm wrong. This is another challenge I did well on this year and completed very early on. The aim is to read and review as many indie books as possible throughout 2014 to help promote the authors.


Whilst I completed the challenge this year, I'm not sure just how many indie books I'll have to get through in 2014, because I read so many this year and I'm hoping to tackle a lot of the books I already own, so I'm going to enter at Level 1: Amateur - read 1 to 24 indie books.


Want to sign up and know more? Click here.

Challenge Progress:

1.

Total: 0 / 24


TBR Pile Challenge



Evie of Bookish
 is hosting the 2014 TBR Pile Challenge, which yes I took part in this year and did very badly. I just lost track of keeping up to date with this challenge and basically ignored my existing TBR pile for new books and reviews books, so next year, this challenge is my priority because my TBR pile is my priority. It's too big! 

I'm hoping I can make my TBR pile a lot smaller, but again I'm still worried about how much free time I'm going to have for reading, so for now I'm entering at Level 2: A Friendly Hug - read 11 to 20 books.

Want to sign up and know more? Click here.

Challenge Progress:

1.

Total: 0 / 24

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren and welcome again to the Women Challenge :)
    Happy reading!

    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.