Sunday 22 December 2013

Bought, Borrowed & Bagged (57)

Sunday Post
Bought, Borrowed and Bagged hosted by Talk Supe and Sunday Post hosted byCaffeinated Book Reviewer are both weekly memes where you can share your book haul, ongoing events and news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. I take part with both of these hops fortnightly so I can be introduced to a range of blogs on the atmosphere. Please Note: All images link back to their GR pages.

Bagged

Let It Snow by Red Tash, Just Breathe by Heather Allen, All My Life by Rucy Ban, Chains of Frost by T. A. Grey, Almost Matched by Angela Orlowski-Peart, Ever Shade and Ever Fire by Alexia Purdy, Journeyman Cat by Virgina Ripple, Before by Melissa Pearl, Paranormal Pleasures by Roxanne Rhoads, Dirty Little Secrets by Liliana Hart, Lonely Souls and Awakening by Karice Bolton, Fanged Princess by Elisabeth Wheatley and Blood and Snow Vol 1-4 by RaShelle Workman
So now I'm back home I hooked my Kindle up to my wi-fi to see what I'd been freebie purchasing whilst at university and these came through, plus I added in the few I had sitting on my laptop that I'd gotten from emails. Basically all these are from the past two months and come from either Amazon Freebies or recent emails from authors giving away books in thanks for subscribing and what have you. I've already finished Let It Snow and its really impressive!
Let it Snow!  Season's Readings for a Super-Cool Yule!Just Breathe (Just Breathe Trilogy #1)All My Life (First Things, #1)Chains of Frost (The Bellum Sisters, #1)Almost Matched (Almost Bad Boys, #1)Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale, #1)Ever Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale, #2)Journeyman CatBefore (Betwixt, #0.5)Paranormal Pleasures: Ten Tales of Supernatural SeductionDirty Little Secrets (J.J. Graves Mystery #1)Lonely Souls (The Witch Avenue, #1)Awakening (The Watchers Trilogy, #1)Fanged Princess (Fanged Princess, #1)Blood and Snow Volumes 1-4: Blood and Snow, Revenant in Training, The Vampire Christopher, Blood Soaked Promises

Shattered Veil by Tracy E. Banghart
So if you follow my blog regularly you'll recall a while back I was part of a book tour for Tracy's other two books, By Blood & Moon Child, which I adored and got to speak to Tracy a fair amount whilst reading them. She was kind enough to contact me and offer me the chance to read and review her newest book Shattered Veil. It's not out until February so I'm planning on finishing the 6 books I currently have my nose in before starting this, if I can resist the temptation to dive in that long.
Shattered Veil (The Diatous Wars #1)

Adam's Apple by Liv Morris
A while back I won a copy of this book but since I haven't been home I only just got to open it, she sent a signed large bookmark/poster thing too! Don't even lie about this cover being to die for.
Adam's Apple (Touch of Tantra #1)

I Am Alive and Pentimentio by Cameron Jace
These are both Amazon freebies too, but I grabbed these yesterday so I know they're still free. The first is his rewrite so it should be better than the other version he published I guess? and the second is a Beauty and Beast retelling! Theres also a giveaway for it on an earlier post.
I Am Alive (I Am Alive, #1)Pentimento

Bought

Magic After Dark by S.M. Reine, Marie Hall, Deanna Chase, Danielle Monsch, Kate Danley and Dannika Dark
This went on sale for about 60p I think, in fact it may still be on sale at the moment and its a collection of six full length novels so I'm pretty excited to try out these different authors.
Magic after Dark


Handwritten: Expressive Lettering in the Digital Ageby Steven Heller and Hand Job: A Catalog of Type by Michael Perry
The first was recommended by one of my lecturers because I really enjoy typography and I'd seen the second one in the library a few times and couldnt resist buying both. I don't even have all our recommended reading books bought yet but these are really interesting, I'll try and get some photographs of some of the type.

Handwritten: Expressive Lettering in the Digital AgeHand Job: A Catalog of Type

Embracing the Wolf by Catherine Bybee, Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire and Once in a Lifetime by Chanda Hahn, RaShelle Workman, Marie Hall and Cameron Jace
I won a 10$ Amazon Voucher thanks to following a book tour and I treated myself to these eBooks so I could finish off the series, and because I was intrigued by this collection.
Embracing the Wolf (Ritter Werewolves, #2)Walking DisasterOnce In A Lifetime (Book Bundle)

This "fortnight" on Northern Plunder




Upcoming Northern Plunder

Attempting University
Review: The Mysterious Howling
2013 Wrap Up



Lauren's Progress

Read in 2013: 66 / 60
Print & Pattern by Bowie Styles
Let It Snow by Red Tash

Currently Reading:
Awakening Foster Kelly by Cara Rosalie Olsen
Memory's Wake by Selina Fenech
Scott Pilgrim vs the World by Bryan Lee O'Malley
The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1 by Robert Kirkman
Later with Myself by Sheryl Sorrentini



News from Lauren

Its so good to be back home for Christmas, whilst I'm enjoying University and my flat, its definitely nice to be home. I'm finally getting to blog and read again, as well as spend lots of time with my boyfriend. In fact the boyfriend and I already opened each others presents but I'm saving those for next week where my BB&B post will be a Christmas special, I'm had planned to photograph some of my books I'll no doubt get but I left my camera at University, ooops. I can't believe how much happier I feel with myself now I'm back home.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas! xx

16 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I see some of the freebies I have myself, too, Liliana Hart's books look really good. I got 3 freebies from her I think. :)
    And yay for opened Christmas presents, I opened some already as well. :D
    Happy reading!

    My haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm pretty sure I found them thanks to you haha, I'll have a look at her other books now and see if any catch my eye :) Thank you for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting my haul post.

    I'm not aware of a lot of these, but I can see that this is a mighty haul. I'm currently reading a Christmas book, but having noticed that you have one on your list (which is also free), I've added it to my Wish List.

    Have a great Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries dear and yeah I hadn't heard of most of them either until grabbing them c:

      Delete
  3. You have a lot of great looking books. I definitely want to check out a free. I think I have lonely souls and if I do, I haven't read it yet. Great haul and happy holidays :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of goodies Lauren & excited to read your review of Rucy Ban's book!! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about her book so I hope it is :) thank you

      Delete
  5. Aaaah, freebies, they are wonderful, aren't they? Enjoy your break. The type and lettering books lool interesting, I may see if my library has them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So so so intersting, and they are I can't wait to share some of my favourite pages with people :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the heads up on the freebies, I just got Pentmento myself :) Great haul! I've got lots of books lately too, but I haven't had much free time to read them. Oh well, I'll get to them eventually lol. Thanks for stopping by!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, hope you enjoy them. I can't wait to read Pentimento either. Haha I have the same problem too!

      Delete
  7. Great haul! Wow that's a lot of freebies :)
    Have a good holiday! Happy Reading,

    Diamond @ Dee's reads My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is about three months worth, I think. Thank you c: and you too!

      Delete
  8. We have similar tastes with freebies, lol. I think I have almost all of them in my Kindle, either individually or in a set pack...
    Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading! :)

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wahoo for matching tastes, I can't resist them. I thought I had learnt but I guess not.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.