Wednesday 13 August 2014

DNF Review: All He Saw Was The Girl by Peter Leonard


All He Saw Was The Girl by Peter Leonard

Published: 15th May 2012 by The Story Plant
Genre: Thriller / Mystery
Page Count: 290
Format: eBook
Source: Book Tour

Synopsis: 
Rome:
McCabe and Chip, two American exchange students, are about to become embroiled with a violent street gang, a beautiful Italian girl, and a flawed kidnapping plan.

Detroit:
Sharon Vanelli’s affair with Joey Palermo, a Mafia enforcer, is about to be discovered by her husband, Ray, a secret service agent.

Brilliantly plotted and shot through with wry humor, ALL HE SAW WAS THE GIRL sees these two narratives collide in the backstreets of Italy’s oldest city.

Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon* / TBD* / B&N / Kobo

Peter Leonard: Website | Facebook | Goodreads
*When purchasing through these links, I will receive a small amount, I will put any money earned towards hosting a giveaway.


Review:
Did Not Finish
1 / 5 Stars

I first received this book two years ago, it was the first book I ever agreed to review as part of a book tour and I felt terrible that I just couldn't get into it that I promised I'd give it ago at a later date.

Well this year was the later date and yet again it just didn't grip me, back then I should've known I wouldn't finish it even after time had passed but I also was very stubborn and refused to acknowledge "did not finish" could be a thing.

The reason I agreed to this tour was because I was still very much in love with Rome, I always will be, I had a great time being there and I wanted to read a book set there to see how they'd portray the two cities and whether they'd connect.

After reading two chapters and then finding myself skimming the words I realised I just couldn't do it, nothing grabbed my attention and hooked me, it was simply a chore.

I've seen the book have some good reviews and I'm upset that I didn't get to see this part of the book, but alas I just couldn't connect.

2 comments:

  1. Gah! I hate when books feel like something you HAVE to do instead of something you WANT to do. I used to push myself through them because I felt bad not finishing a review book. Now, if I ever get to a point where I'm skimming more than I'm reading, or I'm dreading picking up the book to continue reading, I give it a heave ho and tell the author that it just wasn't for me. Not only does it waste my time but I wind up in a funk and not wanting to read anything after I've pushed myself to continue reading a book I didn't enjoy.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still struggling being assertive with my no's but I'm getting there which is improvement. It seems to be a struggle so many of us find us facing a lot of the time.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.