Sunday 25 August 2013

Bout of Books Wrap Up




What is Bout of Books?
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.

Lauren's Wrap up:
So this is it. The end of the week! Oh my, did it go super quick for anyone else? Unfortunately I didn't spend as much time reading as I had hoped too, the thought that I'm moving out in under a month has left me kind of all over the place and I keep sleeping pretty badly too, worrying that I'm going to get lost in a new city. But whilst I didn't read LOADS, I did however do something I wanted too and that was to finish off some of the books I was part way through reading, seeing as though I was reading about 9 at the start of the read-a-thon.

Books Completed:
Wizard Tales Vol III: The Wizard Takes the Cake by Red Tash
Wizard Tales Vol I-III: Lucian's First Trick and A Laurents County Landfull Christmas by Red Tash 
The Companions by R.A. Salvatore - dnf
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Anywhere by J Meyers

Books In Progress:
Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay (208 pages)
Moon Child by Tracy E. Banghart (6% Read)

Lewis' Wrap Up:
My final thoughts on the readathon would be that it was awesome. It felt good to finally really get a push and start reading more. I enjoyed it a lot more than what I thought, even though I slacked on some days, I still had fun and a good time.
Books Completed:
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith by Randy StradleyStar Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace by Randy StradleyMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Star Wars Old Republic: Revan by Drew Karpyshyn

Please note: Its not actually midnight in the UK yet but I wanted to get this up and posted before I climbed into bed to read, this means that when I wake up tomorrow I'll update this and our original update post with any more that we have read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.