Sunday 28 June 2015

Bought, Borrwed & Bagged (70)

Bought, Borrowed and Bagged hosted by Talk Supe is a weekly meme where you can share your book haul, ongoing events and news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead.
Please Note: All images link back to their GR pages.
New Books
I had £2 amazon credit to spend on e-books but it is really unclear which books it is available for use on, I tried it on Rebel Wing by Tracy Banghart because I adore the copies of this I already have (it was first published as Shattered Viel, my review can be seen here) and apparently I'm now going to collect this in every format. (I have Shattered Viel in ebook and signed paperback and now Rebel Wing as ebook). I also won a giveaway I completely forgot about that I entered on BookLikes to see if that worked, and well I won! 
Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1) Dwarves in Space
I've also been toying with the idea of purchasing the signed trilogy of Pretty When She Dies by Rhiannon Frater - should I? Please help!
Recently on Northern Plunder
Upcoming on Northern Plunder
The Year So Far
Top 5 Authors
Lauren's Progress
Read in 2015: 25 / 36
N/A

Currently Reading:
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J Maas
Click by Lisa Becker
News from Lauren
I guess you could say I've been putting off making this post all week, writing this makes everything real again. I've been missing this past week in the blogging world, well and I guess you could say in the real world too. One of my dogs - Monty - got very ill and after a few days at the pet hospital we had the make the hard and horrible decision to have him put to sleep. I can't even begin to describe the sadness that was in my house, or the shock that this happened given he was only 7 years old. 

The next day we got two puppies to keep Monty's brother - Max - company and bring some cheer into the house. It has worked, they're very lively and time consuming. Oh and they're called Freddie and George!

Other than that I've done very little this week, apart from plan a long trip to my boyfriends next month.


Please note that I've implemented a new drop down menu at the top but some pages are still in progress so the links haven't been added yet!

18 comments:

  1. Your books look amazing. Dwarves in Space looks interesting.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to read the sequel to Rebel Wing without reading the new version - not much got changed, thankfully. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just loved it so much that uh I need to own every version in every format. I have issues. Ooops

      Delete
  3. Nice haul this week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog =( It's good that Max has some company. I've heard that dogs can get depressed after losing their companions just like we do.Hopefully your new books will help distract you a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he was down indeed. He's still adjusting to the new company but I think he's just in dire need to be able to play with them properly.

      Delete
  5. Rebel Wing sounds good, hope you enjoy and have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Pretty When She series, it is one of my favorites. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ISN'T REBEL WING AMAZING?!! :D And I ADORED the second book Storm Fall as well :D Can't wait for the third book!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so good. I still need to read the second, my slump got in the way of that release

      Delete
  8. I'm so sorry about Monty. :( Welcome Freddie and George! :)

    Congrats on your win and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry about Monty, Lauren. I'm glad you got two puppies to help you bounce back and get some liveliness in the house straight away.

    Your new books look great, I hope you'll enjoy them.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a really hard thing to accept was happening.

      Delete
  10. Oh my! That's why I avoid pets, I get too attached and get devastated when they go away... sorry to hear about your baby, lauren!

    I hope this week was better :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.