Tuesday 30 June 2015

The Year So Far

I can't believe we are already half way through 2015, this year has gone so quickly already and comparing now to the start of the year things are much better.

I started this year in a massive reading funk which carried over from the end of last year so I set myself the goal to get out of this slump and to have read 20 books by the end of the year. I was actually worried I wouldn't achieve this but now I have passed this goal by a lot.

I should probably figure out what my new goal is.
January

I read the grand total of zero books in January.

February

Dreams of Gods and Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
The Baking Life of Amelie Day Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 1 (Highschool of the Dead, #1) Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 2 (Highschool of the Dead, #2)
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor was my favourite read this month and an amazing end to the trilogy. I have reviewed The Baking Life of Amelie Day by Vanessa Curtis already (here), and I plan to do a series review of Highschool of the Dead at some point.

March

監獄学園 Vol. 14Now or Never (Alexander Twins, #1)Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 3 (Highschool of the Dead, #3)I Am Woo (I Am Alive Prequel)
Highschool of the Dead was my favourite read this month as its starting to show more storyline than the anime showed. I can't believe I'm still reading Kangoku Gakuen either because it is fanservice x1000. Now or Never by A. J. Bennet was a fairly good read though I felt a few things were a little unresolved. I am Woo is a short story prequel and whilst I liked the ideas given I felt the story itself wasn't written that great.

April

おやすみプンプン 1 おやすみプンプン 2 おやすみプンプン 3
監獄学園 Vol. 15 Bad Boy Rock Star (Bad Boy Rock Star, #1) Witch Eyes (Witch Eyes, #1)
Whoever let me read Oyasumi Punpun has a lot to answer for, this manga is so dark and depressing but I am so hooked. Bad Boy Rock Star by Candy J. Starr was my first DNF this year which I've already reviewed (here). Hopefully I can put down in words how much I loved Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey at some point too.

May

おやすみプンプン 4 Buonanotte, Punpun #5 Silence (Silence, #1) Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
Silence by Natasha Preston had such an interesting synopsis and plot but I felt like the writing let it down a little at times plus the ending felt rushed. Holy sh*t, why did no one force me to read Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas sooner? I cried a lot throughout this book.

June

I said I cried at Throne of Glass but that doesn't even compare to how much I bawled my eyes out over Crown of Midnight, I am very attached to this series right now.

26 books so far which is not bad at all considering how much of a reading slump I was in, a lot of them are manga's at the moment but once I'm done with these I wont be picking any more up this year.

Have you read any of these books, if so what did you think? Do you have any recommendations as to what I should be reading next?

8 comments:

  1. I love Maas series and totally understand. Each book just gets better as move towards high fantasy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for passing your goal and having to set a new one! So glad the slump is over! I totally need to start the Maas series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you really do. I don't know why I put it off for so long

      Delete
  3. Now or forever sounds great. Also good to hear the slump is over

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the slump is over! I haven't read any of the books you listed, though I'm curious about Thronme of Glass.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.