Tuesday 16 June 2015

Read Play Blog: I want to live where?

Read Play Blog 2
"Read Play Blog is a meme about video games and books, posted every 16th of the month. Bloggers are encouraged to answer a discussion question, and recommend a video game that is similar to a book they liked. Hosted by Happy Indulgence Books & Read Me Away."

Which video game would you want to live in or be the main character of?

I thought long and hard about this, because a lot of the games I play are about survival and I'm not too sure I would want to be somewhere that has a lot of Zeds or Aliens coming after me. I finally settled on Guild Wars 2 because the world is so beautiful, and because when I play its more about exploring and completing the map rather than the fighting I think it would be a great adventure.

Kiseen, my Sylvari in Guild Wars 2

Recommendation

Another world that is great to explore is Borderlands 2, with many quirky and fun characters to interact with and mad questlines too. In the DLC it has a Dungeons and Dragons themed questline, and honorable mentions to Game of Thrones too.
My boyfriend and a friendly Skag in Borderlands 2




















Currently Playing

Killing Floor 2 finally went to early access on Steam last month, and for a game that isn't even complete it is amazing. At the time of writing this post I've already hit 68 hours on it and I can't stop, even though its just wave after wave of Zed killing.
Top of the leader board but died to the boss, oops
It has an adjustable gore meter in game, this is max

12 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Guild Wars 2 but I haven't played it in a long time. I need to finish Borderlands 2 as well...I love those games but for some reason whenever I play them I end up falling asleep. Which is weird because they are not boring at all, and I end up laughing more often than not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to put in a lot more hours to it but I only recently found someone to play with. I've done one BL2 play through, slowly making my way through the second - it can be pretty repetitive but yes they are so funny.

      Delete
  2. Oh yay! A fellow GW2 player. It's the only game I play now. I used to do WoW but they change it so much and I would get frustrated by having to relearn everything every time they came out with an expansion... which was like every year. Plus, those monthly fees were not worth it. I love that GW2 is just a one time fee for the game. I'm looking forward to the expansion they have coming out. I'm hoping they add new armor and weapons with the new profession. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The monthly fees is what puts me off. The expansion had a big trailer at E3, so it should be online somewhere.

      Delete
  3. I haven't played Borderlands, but I might want to visit Skyrim--its pretty on screen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Skyrim, really need to find my save for my new PC though

      Delete
  4. I don't play these rpg's or what-not. I'm OLD, Lauren! The last game I went gaga over was the super old school Mario Bros. and I always wanted to be Luigi. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Please you are not old at all! I love Super Mario Bros but I'm not very good at them.

      Delete
  5. Oooh Killing Floor 2! My brother is crazy about that game, so I bought it for him for his birthday. I haven't played Guild Wars before because I'm not big on MMOs. I need to finish Borderlands the Pre-sequel, I definitely enjoy the zany world though! Thanks for participating in Read Play BLog this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love love it. Its repetitive as hell but I can't get enough of it and there are so many custom maps already which makes it great, I can't wait to see the full game.

      I'm really picky with my MMO's but I'm enjoying this right now. I just got the Pre-sequel, gosh I'm loving it. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I still need to try Borderlands! It looks so silly :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.