Wednesday 27 June 2012

Wishlist Wednesday (5)


Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paper where we can share books that are on our wishlist. 

All The Pretty Girls (Taylor Jackson, #1) This sounds like a pretty creepy read, one that you'd stay up by torchlight to read. I can't remember how I stumbled across it but it sounds fab - All The Pretty Girls by J.T. Ellison.
GRSome secrets should stay buried. When a local girl falls prey to a sadistic serial killer, Nashville Homicide Lieutenant Taylor Jackson and her lover, FBI profiler Dr. John Baldwin, find themselves in a joint investigation pursuing a vicious murderer. The Southern Strangler is slaughtering his way through the Southeast, leaving a gruesome memento at each crime scene -- the prior victim's severed hand. Ambitious TV reporter Whitney Connolly is certain the Southern Strangler is her ticket out of Nashville; she's got a scoop that could break the case. She has no idea how close this story really is -- or what it will cost her. As the killer spirals out of control, everyone involved must face a horrible truth -- that the purest evil is born of private lies.


This weeks choice wasn't very hard. I should have read this ages ago but I forget to buy it every time I make a trip to Waterstones, or they only have the hard backed version which is usually £11.99 which for me is just to much to pay for a book. I love the idea of this book and it sounds fantastic I just need to try and make time and get round to reading it.
GR: In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. But, slowly, Mary’s truths are failing her. She’s learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?

4 comments:

  1. I loved the Forest of Hands and Teeth. I really hope you enjoy it. It's such a beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed The Forest of Hands and Teeth! Did you know they're making it into a film?!
    Yeah!! I'm dead excited!!

    Great choices!

    Dani
    Pen to Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. All The Pretty Girls looks so interesting! I kind of a fan of FBI and serial killer series so this one quite appeal me. I think I might add this to my TBR list as well.
    I have The Forest of Hands and Teeth sitting on my shelf and still untouch. lol. I should read it soon since everyone love it.

    Great choice and hope you'll get this soon! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow all of you seem to be praising Nia's choice highly *goes to add it to my wishlist* thanks girls.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.