Monday 7 January 2013

Bout of Books: Day 1

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
Bout of Books 6.0 is finally here, on the same day I go back to college which kinds of sucks cause that automatically meant I wouldn't be able to read for most of today. Never the less I didn't let this put me off and decided it was worth trying to finish reading the majority, if not all of Extras by Scott Westerfeld as I know how this is a fairly easy going read.
Progress:
Day 1
Extras by Scott Westerfeld
Pages Read: 114
-
Overall Books Completed: -
Overall Pages Read: 114

Challenges:
Today's challenge is held by Shanon and Racquel from The Book Barbies!
You have made a scientific discovery (who knew you were so good at science?!) on how to bring fictional characters to life. The problem? The method still isn't *perfect,* so you can only bring two people to life, and they must return to the land of fiction in 30 days. Who will you choose as your bestie and your love interest for that one splendid month? (Feel free to add pictures if you like, but they are not required.)

IntangibleA Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)Best Friend: This is surprisingly rather difficult, I don't think there have been that many people who I thought "Oh my gosh, yes we need to be best friends, we need to hang out right gorram now" about, I'm too shy for this. Hmm. Okay I think it'd be Jonas from Intangible by J Meyers because he's super awesome and friendly and a vampire and I would just love to talk to him about all his choices throughout his years as a human and a vampire.

Love Interest: Meep. This one is easier. (Don't tell my boyfriend that) Jon Snow from A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. Easily. I don't think it helps that Kit Harrington makes me fall head over heals all the time. Heh. *blushes* Okay time to move on. Second choice is Robb of course but I can't pick him cause of reasonsspoilers.

9 comments:

  1. Yes to Jon Snow! I love Jon Snow! I also strangely really enjoy the Imp, and after book 3 or so, Jamie. I may need therapy while I wait the next few years for book 6!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I really need to get a move on with the books but I basically know everything that happens. Jamie is amazing too and I love the wit of the Imp too.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the read-a-thon! And wow, that's a really hard question! Don't know who I would pick as a BFF, but would love to have Roarke as my love interest! A handsome billionaire with an Irish accent....couldn't get any better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you liking the Extras? I love the Uglies series. :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first three very close together and started getting irritated with Tally & Shay, taking a 9 months break from the series and coming back to this is definitely a nice change and I feel a lot better recommending the series now :)

      Delete
    2. Sometimes we need breaks! I think it is a good thing to take breaks as needed. :)

      Delete
  4. Yay! I love Jon Snow! But I haven't read the books yet, so I couldn't pick him. But they're on my list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.