Saturday 19 May 2012

Bout of Books Read-a-thon Day 6


Saturdays are always my bad reading days as I'm at my Dads and he wakes me up at 1pm. Yes wakes me up. I clearly need the sleep though? and then I spend the day until 4pm with him and my little sister (this week we watched MIB and The Witches which my sister thought were fab) so by the time I get home most of the day is over and I have to catch up with all you guys first ;) Any how I finished Channel Zero which was FAB! and I was aiming to finish Intangible too but my boyfriend was sleepy and made me stop reading :(
Overall Update:
Number of Books Read Today: 2 (Intangible and Channel Zero)
Number of Books Completed: 3
Pages Read Today: 168 + 6%
Pages Read Overall: 734 + 71%
Time Read for Today: 51 minutes
Time Read for Overall: 7 hours 52 minute

The mini-challenge for today is being hosted by Smash Attack Reads which is called "Book Spine Poetry" which sounds totally interesting right? Yep. The aim is to use the spine of books to create a poem from their titles, you are allowed to use an extra word for every book used (for example if I were to use 6 books I can have 6 extra words within my poem). I have selected the books I originally selected to read this week and other books that I want to make a start on before this month is up. Hopefully I get something decent. 

Specials Invisible Monsters
reside with Paper Towns.
A Blood Seduction by Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter Kicks Ass.
This is The Perks of Being a Wallflower of death.

Okay my attempt was pretty lame and I moved the S from the end of Specials to the end of Kick in Kick Ass :P

Its not cheating, it's magic.

11 comments:

  1. LOL! I like your magic. Well done!

    http://reviewingshelf.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/bout-of-books-4-0-readathon-updates/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every one need a little magic in their lives here and there ;)

      Delete
  2. hahaha...and i picked up AL Vampire Hunter and cannot wait to read it. I am hoping to finish my fifth book by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to finish it! I got distracted with all my other books I've been dying to read :P

      Delete
  3. You may not think it's perfect, but it is honestly REALLY HARD to get a good one! I had to pluralize one of my titles (DawnS), and wrongly interpret another (Rose as a verb instead of a noun) to get mine even CLOSE to making sense =P So well done! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough, at least you got something at the end though :) Thank you.

      Delete
  4. "This is The Perks of Being a Wallflower of death." - That line is BOMB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, well, at least you followed directions. o.O Mine was cool until I realized I added too many words. Oh well, it was fun anyway. Yours was great. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun task wasn't it! I think we should try and do one at the end of each month with all the books read that month, it'd be interesting :)

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you had fun with the challenge! It was a great poem.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.