Monday 21 May 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? (3)


Welcome to It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from hosted by Book Journey.

As you may have noticed I didn't take part in this event last week, by choice. That was because I knew I'd be putting a lot of posts out due to Bout of Books, now that is over my posting will go back to normal. After all the reading I did last week - and in case you're not aware, I ended up reading 6 books which is a lot for me - I'm going to take things a little slower this week.
First up I'm going to start and hopefully finish A Blood Seduction by Pamela Palmer so I can get a review up for the release, I should have picked it up sooner but I got distracted.

A Blood Seduction (Vamp City, #1)Vampires live only for lust and pleasure in the eternal twilight of Vamp City. But the city’s magic is dying. The only person who can restore it? A beautiful woman from the mortal world...one who knows nothing of the power she wields. Quinn Lennox is searching for a missing friend when she stumbles into a dark otherworld that only she can see—and finds herself at the mercy of Arturo Mazza, a dangerously handsome vampire whose wicked kiss will save her, enslave her, bewitch her, and betray her. What Arturo can’t do is forget about her—any more than Quinn can control her own feelings for him. Neither one can let desire get in the way of their mission—his to save his people, hers to save herself. But there is no escape from desire in a city built for seduction, where passion flows hot and blood-red. Welcome to Vamp City...



I'd also like to aim to finish Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter as I shunned it to the side a little because I was busy favouriting other books which is terrible of me as Abe was a book of the month read for last month! Ooops.
Abraham Lincoln Vampire HunterIndiana, 1818. Moonlight falls through the dense woods that surround a one-room cabin, where a nine-year-old Abraham Lincoln kneels at his suffering mother's bedside. She's been stricken with something the old-timers call "Milk Sickness." "My baby boy..." she whispers before dying. Only later will the grieving Abe learn that his mother's fatal affliction was actually the work of a vampire. When the truth becomes known to young Lincoln, he writes in his journal, "henceforth my life shall be one of rigorous study and devotion. I shall become a master of mind and body. And this mastery shall have but one purpose..." Gifted with his legendary height, strength, and skill with an ax, Abe sets out on a path of vengeance that will lead him all the way to the White House. While Abraham Lincoln is widely lauded for saving a Union and freeing millions of slaves, his valiant fight against the forces of the undead has remained in the shadows for hundreds of years. That is, until Seth Grahame-Smith stumbled upon The Secret Journal of Abraham Lincoln, and became the first living person to lay eyes on it in more than 140 years. Using the journal as his guide and writing in the grand biographical style of Doris Kearns Goodwin and David McCullough, Seth has reconstructed the true life story of our greatest president for the first time-all while revealing the hidden history behind the Civil War and uncovering the role vampires played in the birth, growth, and near-death of our nation.

Well that's all I'm aiming for this week, I have new ones ready for the week after which I am dying to get stuck into just as much.

10 comments:

  1. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter sounds bizarre but interesting!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its written as if it is real which makes it even better.

      Delete
  2. I really want to see Abraham the vamp: the movie. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm pretty sure Alan Tudyk has a small role in it too :D

      Delete
  3. I have seen Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter around in my local supermarket but I never actually picked it up. Hope You enjoy you week of reading and thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think its worth the read but I know others who have thought it was pretty standard.

      Delete
  4. I love this! I always need new recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love Sundays and Mondays here cause I get to root through what everyone has been buying or what they're reading and my wishlist always grows.

      Delete
  5. I am intrigued by this book even though I have not read any of the vampire-zombie-classics mashups yet. Maybe this will be my first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried Pride and Prejudice and Zombies a year ago but didn't really get into it, I had other stuff I wanted to read more. I'll go back to it one day but this book is definitely an easy read.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.