Saturday 12 May 2012

12052012: On My Wishlist (18)





This is a weekly event, originally created by Book Chick City, and now hosted by Cosy Books, where we showcase the books which are currently top of our wishlist. Old, new or yet to be released titles are all welcome. And why keep it to books?





The Fault in Our StarsFirst up on my wishlist I have The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. At this present moment in time I own one of his books that a friend gave me for my birthday but I have yet to actually read a book of his. I'm terrible I know but I do aim to read them all because I haven't heard a bad thing about them. Ever.
Synopsis: Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 12, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now. Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault. Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind.
GR 
Amazon: UK | US

The Selection (The Selection, #1)Also on my wishlist is The Selection by Kiera Cass. I actually fell for the cover of this book and a lot of my friends on GR have it on their to read pile and the few who've read it have given it pretty average reviews. But as always, everyone's taste is different and I don't think it sounds terrible. I'd definitely like to pick it up one day.
Synopsis: For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon. But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back o
n her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks. Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
Amazon: UK | US

AuracleLastly is Auracle by Gina Rosati which hasn't actually been released yet but man, I think it sounds pretty interesting! I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Synopsis: 16 year old Anna Rogan has a secret she's only shared with her best friend, Rei; she can astrally project out of her body, allowing her spirit to explore the world and the far reaches of the universe. When there's a fatal accident and her classmate Taylor takes over Anna's body, what was an exhilarating distraction from her repressive home life threatens to become a permanent state. Faced with a future trapped in another dimension, Anna turns to Rei for help. Now the two of them must find a way to get Anna back into her body and stop Taylor from accusing an innocent friend of murder. Together Anna and Rei form a plan but it doesn't take into account the deeper feelings that are beginning to grow between them.
Amazon: UK | US


I can't wait to hear and see what you've got on your wishlist, I always end up adding more to mine thanks to you guys. Have a lovely weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I recently won a copy of The Fault in Our Stars and I'm delighted! It looks so amazing.

    I started reading The Selection but wasn't impressed. :(

    Auracle looks AMAZING though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I actually saw your review of it on GR and almost decided not to post it but then I was like *shrugs* might be worth the read for me :)

      Let me know if you enjoy TFIOS

      Delete
  2. The John greene book sounds like it'll make me cry buckets! I read the selection didn't like it that much. But you're right tastes vary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auracle sounds amazing! I love teh cover and I love the idea of someone snatching your body!! Great choice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am dying to be able to get my hands on it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice idea for a meme as I keep thinking of which books I want to buy.

    As for The Fault In Our Stars... Absolutely read it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.