Thursday 17 May 2012

17052012: Bout of Books Read-a-thon Day 4


Phew, can't believe we are already at Day 4, its passing so quickly! Turns out I didn't do a lot of reading today and that is my own fault, I simply didn't feel up to reading and instead spent time on Skyrim and Mass Effect. But in that short time I did spend reading I managed to read a good chunk of Intangible which I'm almost 60% of the way through now.

Overall Update:
Number of Books Read Today: 1 (Intangible)
Number of Books Completed: 1
Pages Read Today: 24%
Pages Read Overall: 415 + 43%
Time Read for Today: 1 hour 2 minutes
Time Read for Overall: 5 hours 23 minutes

The mini-challenge for today is being hosted by Book Goonie and unfortunately I can't actually enter as it is US only but the jist of it is to name the 16 zombie books she has shown the covers of. As I can't take part I'm going to my own thing right now and share some zombie related things that I love.

The Resident Evil film series, I know a lot of gamers steer clear of them because they're "shit and nothing like the games" but that is completely stupid because they're only based off the games and it would be completely boring to watch an exact replica of something you've already played through, right? They're an amazing series, Milla Jovovich is incredibly beautiful and I can't wait for the next instalment later this year. 

Next up is the Resident Evil games, of course. I've played watched the boyfriend playthrough 1 and 2, completed all of 5 last year and seen bits and pieces of the others. They're really amazing and can't wait to get my hands on 6 later this year and even considering purchasing RE: Operation Racoon City even though its a console import and has a lot of bad reviews (mostly due to the bulky controls with it being a console import).

Dead Inside: Do Not Enter by Lost Zombies is such a good collaged zombie book, I reviewed it last year which you can read here and you can see images of some of the pages.

The Walking Dead graphic novel is amazing too, which I haven't properly read, just shadow read as my boyfriends slowly been mooching his way through it and I plan to pick up my copy sooner rather than later, its very different to the television show - which is also worth checking out - but still fantastic.

Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist is a book I purchased earlier this year after reading Let the Right One In which was incredible and I seriously looking forward to being able to pick it up.

The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z by Max Brooks should also be put to the top of any Zombie lovers to read list.

I've tried to steer clear of those that were listed on the mini-challenge. Happy reading!


6 comments:

  1. You're still doing great! Thanks for the zombie suggestions. I haven't read a lot of zombie books so it helps to know what the good ones are ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I'm a complete sucker for anything supernatural/paranormal.

      Delete
  2. hi, hope you continue to get some reading done through the weekend too.
    happy reading to you.
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com/p/bout-of-books-read-thon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah thanks, right now its Saturday and I actually haven't managed to pick a book up yet. I'll rectify that once I've finished replying to comments.

      Enjoy your books :)

      Delete
  3. If I had Skyrim on my computer, I'd probably get nothing done ever again. Unfortunately my laptop's graphic card is a bit outdated for the newer games :( I play on my husband's laptop every once in a while.

    I've never played the RE games, but I adore the movies - Milla is the most BA chick ever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a time consumer, I'm so pro at archery that nothing ever touches me cause I just take them all down in one shot from far away. It's getting a bit ridiculous now :P I literally bought a new laptop just for Skyrim - I was in need for one anyway and managed to sell my old one on too!

      Milla is to die for :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.