Saturday 5 May 2012

05052012: The Versatile Blogger Award

This morning when I woke up I was delighted to have found out I had been awarded The Versatile Blogger award by Theta from Resolution Corner. So thank you very much Theta and I hope all the Daleks steer clear from you whenever they come to destroy Earth. 

Due to the fact I have won I have to do two things, one provide 7facts about myself, and two, to nominate and award 15 other bloggers The Versatile Blogger award. Simple really.


1. I'm a ridiculously huge hoarder, in real life and game. In real life its mostly books and television box sets but in games its anything from a bent tin can to a really powerful weapon that I'll probably never use...

2. A long with reading also watch way too many television series, I seriously can't get enough. At the moment I'm currently obsessing over Game of Thrones, Supernatural, Dexter and anything Whedon related.

3. Even though I am a huge Dr Who fan, I have was a little disappointed with last season so I'm really hoping this one will pick up and we may even see an end of Matt Smith. (Sorry I'm a Tennant girl).

4. I own two west highland terriers and two yellow bellied turtles. But I don't want to stop there, I also want kittens, hedgehogs, chinchillas, rats, corgi's and husky's.

5. I love reading comics and graphic novels as well as books, the art work is fantastic!

6. I'm also an avid gamer and if any of you happen to have a steam account feel free to add me as a friend - captain_biscuits

7. I live in a bubble. I really do, I don't know anything about anyone. (I actually just got given a good example, a friend linked me to a cover of an Adele song and I was like I like this but who is Adele, apparently she's won like loads of awards or stuff? No idea)


1. Patricia at Book Exhibitionism - A fantastic book blogger and she's really lovely to speak too!

2. Briane and Cimmaron at Talk Supe - Every book they review and read I just want to get my hands on.

3. Brianna, J9 and Rhee and The Book Vixen - One of three blogs that I read before I started my own book blog and finally encouraged me to start my own book blog

4. Lorenna at April Fool Romance - Not a book blog for one, but we have mutual friends and I love the content of hers.

5. Kimba at Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer - I just love her blog to pieces and she watches all the same shows that I love too.

6. Shawna Lemay at Calm Things - An author and photographer, I love her photography work and think its beautiful and calming.

7. Nicola at A Pocket Full of Books - I love her reviews, range of books and her blog in general.

8. Carolyn, Laura, Rebecca, Vickie and Gemma at Book Chick City - Another one of three blogs that I read before I started my own book blog and finally encouraged to start my own, I swear the blog grows its content and reviewers every day :')

9. Ella at Read Into Hiding - Have you ever seen such a pretty layout and image for every single post? Ah I love it, Ella's is a blog I stumbled onto recently.

10. Jenny at Chocolate Chunky Munkie - I love her content and layout too, and she's introduced me too a few books that I am dying to read.

11.Loretta at Between the Pages - Purple is my all time favourite colour and her theme drew me in but I stayed for the content, love it.

12. Isalys and Vanessae at Book Soulmates - I love the content I read here, truly wonderful

13. Pretty Books (tumblr) - Pretty Books is the tumblr blog that made me start Books and Tea, the work she shares and her reviews are fab.

14. Bout of Books - This is entirely for a week long read-a-thon that I found out about through a friends post about it but I am dying for it to start and look forward to the whole idea behind it and the content.

and of course

15. Amanda and Kelly at On a Book Bender - Obviously I found out about this blog through the previous blog but I am sticking around for their work, its beautiful.



Finally for those of you I have mentioned, here are The Versatile Blogger award rules:
- If you are nominated, you've been awarded The Versatile Blogger award
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Include a link to their blog
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the VBA
- Finally tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself

9 comments:

  1. I feel very much like this now.

    Thank you very much! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to be the reason for that! :D
      No worries at all <3

      Delete
    2. (Also, I didn't know all of those blogs, so I'll check them out this weekend!)

      Delete
  2. Great posting.

    There's quite a few of these blogs that I don't know of so I'll be knocking on their virtual doors at some point.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help introduce some people to you :)

      No, thank you.

      Delete
  3. Can't believe you don't like Matt Smith as the doctor, i'm in love with his acting ^^
    Thank you so so much for including me too, here's my VBA in which you're in too, of course: VBA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just too much of a Tennant girl and Smith has been too up and down, like some days I like him, others not so much.

      Thank you for including me :)

      Delete
  4. Awwww thank you so much for mentioning me! That is so sweet. I am thrilled you like my blog layout and I intend to keep adding to your wishlist ;)

    Jenny Chocolate Chunky Munkie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.