Sunday 27 May 2012

Bought, Borrowed & Bagged (4)



Bought, Borrowed and Bagged is a weekly event hosted by Talk Supe where you can share the books you have bought, borrowed or bagged (won) plus a recap of the previous week's reviews, upcoming reviews and on going events.





Fallen (Fallen, #1)
Bought (paperback):

Fallen by Lauren Kate
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori. Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move. Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.
Amazon: UK | US






Bagged (Amazon freebies):
 Witch SongFateful (Fateful, #1)Farsighted
Witch Song by Amber Argyle
The world is changing. Once, Witch Song controlled everything from the winds to the shifting of the seasons-but not anymore. All the Witches are gone, taken captive by a traitor. All but Brusenna. As the echo of their songs fades, the traitor grows stronger. Now she is coming for Brusenna. Her guardian has sworn to protect her, but even he can't stop the Dark Witch. Somehow, Brusenna has to succeed where every other Witch has failed. Find the traitor. Fight her. Defeat her. Because if Brusenna doesn't, there won't be anything left to save.
Amazon: UK | US

Fateful by Cheri Schmidt
A huge fan of Jane Austen, Danielle hopes to find her own Mr. Darcy when she leaves Colorado to attend art school in London. Of course she knows it's silly to wish for that, naive even. But she's met enough males who lacked respect for women, a growing trend it seemed. And at nineteen...well.... However, on only her second night there she gets lost and is threatened by a stalker who proves to be immune to her martial arts training. Before she is completely overpowered, she is then saved by Ethan Deveroux. While Danielle does find the romance she seeks in Ethan, he's no Mr. Darcy. Her hero is held by a spell which fractures their chance at a happy ending. During the day Ethan is closer to mortal than immortal and can date her like any other man. Yet, as the sun sets, the powerful magic of an ancient curse returns and the evil of that spell is revealed. When that magic begins, Danielle's fairytale romance ends because Ethan Deveroux is a vampire.
GR
Amazon: UK | US

Farsighted by Emlyn Chand

Advanced Chem? Easy. Psychic powers? Gotcha. Save the girl? Uh... Alex Kosmitoras's life has never been easy. The only other student who will talk to him is the school bully, his parents are dead broke and insanely overprotective, and to complicate matters even more, he's blind. Just when he thinks he'll never have a shot at a normal life, an enticing new girl comes to their small Midwest town all the way from India. Simmi is smart, nice, and actually wants to be friends with Alex. Plus she smells like an Almond Joy bar. Sophomore year might not be so bad after all. Unfortunately, Alex is in store for another new arrival—an unexpected and often embarrassing ability to "see" the future. Try as he may, Alex is unable to ignore his visions, especially when they suggest Simmi is in mortal danger. With the help of the mysterious psychic next door and friends who come bearing gifts of their own, Alex embarks on his journey to change the future.
GR
Amazon: UK | US

Tallis (Books of Andresium, #1)Bagged (Received for review/eCopy):
Tallis by Killian McRae

The Empire of Andresium is threatened by the corruption of the immortals, ancient beings given the gift of eternal life after the death of the last reigning empress. A prophecy speaks of their eventual downfall at the hands of one of their own, however. Tallis is known by most simply as "The Loren," and seeks to avoid her destiny while trying herself to remain untainted by the decaying morals and indifference to the fates of men that plague her kind. As the events of the prophecy begin to unfold, Tallis finds herself conflicted between upholding her dedication to justice, and falling victim to the ramifications of following the desires of her own heart.
GR  
Amazon: UK | US





What A Boy WantsBagged (Won/eCopy):
What a Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn

Thank you Valerie.

Courtesy of watching his mom’s relationships, Sebastian Hawkins knows what girls need to do to get a guy. He has what he considers a PHD in hooking up. When he needs extra cash for a car, Sebastian starts up an online venture as The Hook-up Doctor, to anonymously help girls land the guy of their dreams. Of course, his services don’t offer a happily-ever-after guarantee. He’s seen firsthand getting together never means staying together. And then he falls in love… With the last girl he would expect… Totally not in his game plan. Suddenly, Sebastian finds himself muddled in the game he’s always prided himself on. He can’t even pick up girls at parties anymore! Why would anyone want to be in love when it turns you into a stuttering, screwed-up, mess with really lame stalker tendencies? Stalking? Totally not his gig. But the Hook-up Doctor won’t let himself go down easily. He’s always known how to give a girl what she wants and now it’s time to figure out what a boy wants… and he definitely plans on getting it.
GR
Amazon: UK | US

The Immortal RulesBagged (NetGalley)
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

In a future world, Vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity. Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.  Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them. The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked—and given the ultimate choice. Die… or become one of the monsters. Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad. Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend—a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike. But it isn’t easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what—and who—is worth dying for. 
Amazon: UK | US



Posted during this week:
It's Monday! What are you reading?
Review: Intangible and Intuition
YouTube Vloggers - Volunteers Wanted (last chance today!)
Review: Channel Zero
Follow Friday
On My Wishlist


Books Read This Week:
A Blood Seduction by Pamela Palmer 


What to expect next week?
Review of A Blood Seduction
100 followers giveaway

32 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have a great looking haul. Farsighted is a good book. It's the only one of your haul I've read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :)
      Thanks and I'll try and get to it soon then!

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjiy Frasighted! What a Boy Wants sounds pretty cute. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier! Seems you got quite some awesome books there! :O *drool* I'm curious about Fallen. It gets so many hate (and love) that I can't help but be intrigued. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem lovely! I'll definitely let you know what I thought of it.

      Delete
  4. fateful sounds so good! enjoy your books!

    My post is here:
    Sunday Shout Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome week my dear..lovely books!! I have a few of these , loved a few ..like Immortal Rules and want a few like Fallen. I look forward to your reviews!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dying to start Immortal Rules, Fallen will be a nice change for me as I haven't read an Angel book before.

      Delete
  6. I have Immortal, but I haven't read it yet. I just got Witch Song yesterday for my Kindle, I read Fallen, but I haven't kept up with the series. Happy reading!

    Thanks for stopping by, I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've heard iffy things about it but I found it cheap so I decided to buy it.

      Delete
  7. The Immortal Rules was great :) And I've also read the Witch Song and it was pretty good!
    Hope you enjoy all your books. Great haul!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED The Immortal Rules and What A Boy Wants. Great reads! I also grabbed Fateful. Fallen was okay. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEK! I'm going to finish my current read RIGHT NOW and read The Immortal Rules hearing all this lovely comments and has got me dying to start it.

      Delete
  9. I really liked Fallen!
    Enjoy all your books!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally! Someone who has something positive to say. I'll start it soon hopefully.

      Delete
  10. Nice haul! Farsighted sounds really good, and I hope you love The Immortal Rules as much as I did! Happy reading!

    Here's my book haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting it today, I really hope its fabulous.

      Delete
  11. The Immortal Rules is amazing! Enjoy all of your books and thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, Fallen and The Immortal Rules! I very much enjoyed both books. Hope you like them too! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to them very much after reading all these comments.

      Delete
  13. Great book haul! I've read The Immortal Rules and Fallen and they were both excellent books. Happy reading and thank you for stopping by and commenting on my My Showcase Sunday post

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy your reading too! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. Great haul! Amazon freebies are the best! haha. I got myself quite a few of those too xD I've ordered the Immortal Rules recently but it's taking ages to arrive. It's supposed to be a really good book though! Hope you enjoy them all (:

    - Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are the best but they also stack up if you find as many as I have. I'm going to have to stop at some point but then I'll always wonder what if!
      I hope The Immortal Rules gets to you soon, if I enjoy it as much as everyone seems to make out then I'll probably have to purchase myself a physical copy.

      Delete
  15. You got a very interesting list here! Sorry for just checking this out now, I wasa on vacation for the long weekend. ENjoy your new books!

    Talk Supe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to ban myself from the Amazon freebies, my kindle is getting "heavy" now haha. Enjoy your books too and I hope you had a good vacation.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.