Thursday 31 May 2012

May Wrap Up


I had a wonderfully successful May, this probably had something to do with the fact I haven't been in college and took part in the Bout of Books read-a-thon, I have a feeling I'll do well next month too because I'm taking part in a few challenges/read-a-thons that will encourage me to read more and I want to get through most of the review books I received below

Outdo Yourself Challenge:

(links are to the reviews)
1. Numbers
2. Specials
3. Batman: The Killing Joke
4. Channel Zero
5. Intuition
6. Intangible
7. Pandora Hearts Vol. 1
8. A Blood Seduction
Total: 24 / 36
if I hit 30 within next month I think I may aim for 50!
Coffee & Books GR Book Club BotM:
(all links below are to their Goodreads page)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - didn't read

Fiction Fantatics GR Book Club BoTM:
Before I Go to Sleep - read earlier this year

I became a moderator at Miscellaneous Reads on Goodreads
Books bought:
Channel Zero (preorder)
Fallen

Books won:
The Next Always

eBooks bought:Hush, Hush
Magic to the Bone
Among the Living

eBook freebies:Lunara: Seth and Chloe
Rich Pickings For Ravens
Sign of the Times
Reckless Magic
Jenny Pox
Witch Song
Fateful
Farsighted

eBooks won:
What a Boy Wants

Received for review:
Channel Zero
Dragon Age Vol. 1
House of Night Vol. 1
The Occultist
FLCL
Orchids Vol. 1
Rape Girl
Beautiful Music for Ugly Children
The Immortal Rules
Tallis
Pushing the Limits
Dark Kiss
The Goddess Legacy
Glitch
River Run
Mutt

In other interesting news I've finally got together my group of girls who I will be creating a YouTube with specifically for booktubing, its been a lot of work to get there but we're finally at the stage where our videos will start being uploaded next week. I will provide a link at some point! Keep your eyes peeled.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your book collab channel! It was actually through book vloggers that I got into all this and it's one of my favourite parts of Youtube. I'm still too shy to do it myself but best of luck to you and everyone else involved!

    Good luck getting through your review pile aswell :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've JUST finished recording my first video, currently editing it! I'll post links around when we get it set up which I'm hoping tomorrow - the videos aren't due until Monday though.
      Thank you, I'm trying my hardest to do so.

      Delete
  2. You got some great books :)
    I can't wait to see the youtube collab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thats good to know that we have at least two viewers haha

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.