Saturday 19 May 2012

On My Wishlist (19)






This is a weekly event, originally created by Book Chick City, and now hosted by Cosy Books, where we showcase the books which are currently top of our wishlist. Old, new or yet to be released titles are all welcome. And why keep it to books?






The First Days (As The World Dies: A Zombie Trilogy #1)First up I have another series that I'd like to read and it's a zombie one - The First Days by Rhiannon Frater. I love anything to do with zombies and this certainly sounds like a book I need to get stuck into.
Synopsis: Rhiannon Frater's As the World Dies trilogy is an internet sensation. The first two books, The First Days and Fighting to Survive, have won the Dead Letter Award for Best Novel from Mail Order Zombie. The First Days was named one of the Best Zombie Books of the Decade by theHarrisburg Book ExaminerAmericanHorrorBlog calls Rhiannon Frater "a writer to watch." The morning that the world ends, Katie is getting ready for court and housewife Jenni is taking care of her family. Less than two hours later, they are fleeing for their lives from a zombie horde. Thrown together by circumstance, Jenni and Katie become a powerful zombie-killing partnership, mowing down zombies as they rescue Jenni's stepson, Jason, from an infected campground. They find sanctuary in a tiny, roughly fortified Texas town.  There Jenni and Katie find they are both attracted to Travis, leader of the survivors; and the refugees must slaughter people they know, who have returned in zombie form. Fast-paced and exciting, filled with characters who grab your heart, The First Days: As the World Dies is the beginning of a frightening trilogy.

Amazon: UK | US


SolaninA little different to usual but I've already searched my two local shops for this manga and I can't seem to find it, Solanin by Inio Asano. One day I'll buy it off Amazon, one day!

Synopsis: College graduates struggle to cope with the real world. Music offers refuge in this modern manga with an American attitude. Meiko Inoue is a recent college grad working as an office lady in a job she hates. Her boyfriend Shigeo is permanently crashing at her apartment because his job as a freelance illustrator doesn't pay enough for rent. And her parents in the country keep sending her boxes of veggies that just rot in her fridge. Straddling the line between her years as a student and the rest of her life, Meiko struggles with the feeling that she's just not cut out to be a part of the real world.
Amazon: UK | US


Birthmarked (Birthmarked #1)Last but not least, another series! Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien has such a lovely cover and sounds great. 

Synopsis: In the future, in a world baked dry by the harsh sun, there are those who live inside the walled Enclave and those, like sixteen-year-old Gaia Stone, who live outside. Following in her mother’s footsteps Gaia has become a midwife, delivering babies in the world outside the wall and handing a quota over to be "advanced" into the privileged society of the Enclave. Gaia has always believed this is her duty, until the night her mother and father are arrested by the very people they so loyally serve. Now Gaia is forced to question everything she has been taught, but her choice is simple: enter the world of the Enclave to rescue her parents, or die trying. A stunning adventure brought to life by a memorable heroine, this dystopian debut will have readers racing all the way to the dramatic finish.
Amazon: UK | US

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read any manga before but Solanin looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love manga but it annoys me how expensive they are considering you can read them in 20 minutes!

      Delete
  2. I'd love to get my hands on First Days as well - I've heard so much positive stuff about the series - plus zombies!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first stumbled across it on GR I was like I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE, a few months later and I still feel this way :')
      I love zombies!

      Delete
  3. Birthmarked sounds great, and the cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had Birthmarked on my wish list for a very, very long time. I need to get serious about it and finally buy a copy. I hadn't seen this cover for it yet, I love it!!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.